Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happy Thursday Everyone!!! There's been quite a bit going on, so let me catch you up a bit! First, on the "WEIGHT MANAGEMENT FRONT", I did go on Tuesday for my first day (in quite a while) of exercising! The Exercise Physiologist sat me on the "bike" for 15 minutes, then started me on the machines. I was a bit surprised that he started me at far heavier weights and more reps than I had ever done before. When I questioned this he kind of informed me that I NEEDED to be doing it THIS way in order to burn the calories (OK, like I didn't KNOW that??) and be successful on their program. I just really got the impression from this that if I couldn't do it this way I was kind of wasting my time and money on the program. That attitude kind of surprised (and upset) me. I called him on that - kind of told him that I didn't start on this program to be discouraged (by him)! Then, one of the Physical Therapists came over (a gal I know) - I think she might have realized something was going on. Truthfully, I was just about in tears! Anyway, she kind of diffused the situation and he sort of apologized, telling me he hadn't intended to sound condescending to me. So, I continued on with the weights and then did 20 minutes on the treadmill and came home. I will go back for another session this afternoon, and maybe on Friday for just some cardio. I see their dietician on Tuesday - THAT should be FUN!!!


On the "EDUCATIONAL FRONT," Monday and Tuesday I attended training sessions on "The Cooperative Classroom." To be honest, this was probably one of the most interesting and helpful trainings on this topic that I've attended. I'm excited about getting into my classroom next week to start planning and setting up my classroom. Teachers at our school have to be back in their classrooms on August 20, students come back on Monday, August 25 (I think).


And, on the "CREATIVE FRONT," I'm posting a couple of cards I made in June. The first is one I'm sending to my sister for her 55th birthday. I CASE'd this from the current issue of Papercrafts Magazine, p. 63.


This is actually one of the first cards I've made that isn't the traditional 4.75 X 5.5! The base card is 5.25" square white (from a set of note cards with envies that someone sent me).

Set(s): SU! "Circle of Friendship"
Paper: SU! So Saffron card stock and Designer Prints
Color Media: SU! Stampin' Write Marker, White Gel Pen, So Saffron Classic Dye Ink Pad
Other: SU! Scallop Punch, Creative Memories Square Punch, Making Memories decorative brads; rub ons - "HOW OLD? - don't remember where I got them). I liked the card so much that I made 4 of them using different colors of DSP.

This card is a CASE from SCS (www.splitcoaststampers.com) by Lori (chanteuse) at www.divastamper.blogspot.com. Her original card was in Wild Wasabi and had the sentiment on a circle scallop.
Set(s): SU! "Fresh Cuts," and Sincere Salutations
Cardstock: SU! Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Whisper White, Afternoon Tea DSP
Color Media: Blue Bayou, Soft Sky
Other: Blue Bayou Double Stitched Ribbon, dimensionals, Nestabilities oval.
Again, as with the first card, I liked it so well I made 4 in different colors. This one went to a friend of ours whose birthday is the same as my sister's. He always says I am the only person who sends him a birthday card!! I made one of these in So Saffron, one in Wild Wasabi and another in the Purely Pomegranate. I really loved the last set of SU! "In Colors."
And finally, on the "WHAT THE HECK FRONT," I woke up Saturday morning with a rash from the top of my thighs to my head - with the worst of it being on my neck, up onto my jawline, in my ears, around the back of my head to my hairline and down to my collarbone! I tried Benedryl pills AND cream and by Monday it had only gotten worse! so, I went to the dr. on Monday, got a shot and some Rx cream. Unfortunately, most of it is not better and I've some new spots, so I will be back at the doctor tomorrow morning. I've been taking 2 Benedryl pills when I go to bed and then trying to function during the day!! Hopefully the doctor will have a better option tomorrow! Itching and CREATING really don't go well together!!
His Hugs and Mine
Rhonda

No comments: