Monday, June 15, 2009

CARDS - Swaps in Progress

I've been working on swaps lately! Haven't joined any for over a year and I just felt like I was getting "stale." So, I jumped in with BOTH feet, and arms, and hands, and might even get my TOES into the act before it is all over. Swaps I am currently in are:

1. Cuttlebug/Big Shot with a Twist: 2 sets of 5+1 - swaps went postal today (see below for a Sneak Peak of my cards)
2. Proud To Be American Red White and Blue: 2 sets of 5+ 1 - these will be mailed on June 27. Still working on those cards - will post when finished
3. Christmas In July" Card Swap: 2 sets of 5+1 - these are due on July 15. Haven't started, but know what I am doing for each set.
4. Non-Convention Goers Convention Swap: this is for Stampin' Up Demos only and I have 3 sets of cards for this one: they are all due on August 1

A. WOW! Cards - 25+1
B. Christmas Cards - 20+1 - will use one of the same cards from the Christmas in July swap above
C. Sizzix Swap - 15+1 - will be using the Parisian Breeze card below only with new catalog Specialty Designer Series paper.

5. Buckle/Pocket Cards: 2 sets of 5+1 each - one set Buckle Card, one set Pocket Card - these are due on September 1. Again I am combining cards and will be doing the same Criss/Cross Pocket card for this swap as for the Red/White/Blue swap above. Also, I think my WOW! card for the SU! Demo Swap is going to be a Buckle card, so I will be killing 2 birds with one stone here as well.*
6. GinaK Designs Swap: 2 sets of 5+1 - due on September 18. This swap is using stamp sets by GinaK Designs (http://www.ginakdesigns.com/). Now, follow this one CLOSELY: The SECOND Red/White/Blue card set (NOT the Criss/Cross card) is going to be ONE of the GinaK swap cards.*

*NOTE: I've found it to be just as easy to make 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 cards of the same design as it is to make ONE! Afterall, one 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of card stock makes 2 regular sized cards, so if you have out all your stuff, why NOT make more than one?!?!? DH calls this "Rhonda Logic." So, if I'm already making SIX cards for a swap, why not make 12 and have them for TWO different swaps - or make 14 and have a couple of extra ones for myself???

SO, do you want to see some cards after all that reading??











The first card is the Parisian Breeze card - original card by Stephanie Hargis: (http://stephsstampinstuff.blogspot.com/) . I saw this card on splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/) and loved it SO much I had to CASE is almost exactly as it was.
Information:
Stamps: None
Card Stock: SU! Whisper White, Kraft, Parisian Breeze Designer Series Paper
Ink: None
Accessories: Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss Folder; SU! Daisies 2 Die Cut and Little Leaves Die Cut












Second Card: CASEd this layout from Kimber McGray (http://kimbermcgray.blogspot.com/) over at Card Positioning Systems (http://cardpositioningsystems.blogspot.com/)

Card Information:
Stamps: Hero Arts - Seize the Cupcake
Card Stock: Paper Studios - Textured White Core Darks
Ink: SU! Not Quite Navy; Copic Markers
Accessories: Cuttlebug Happy Birthday folder; Nestabilities Labels 4 Die Cuts; Stickles; SU! Chunky Glitter; SU! Flower Brad

Will post other swap cards as I get them finished!
ENJOY!!

No comments: