Thursday, June 18, 2009

PS


Quickie Note: The cherry tree in the previous post is NOT the same cherry tree that I am standing by in my profile picture. That is a wild cherry tree that was just a twig in the middle of a "weed garden" that DH's ex had in the front yard. About 10 years ago I dug up the whole mess - briars, wild blackberry bushes, weeds, maple and oak seedlings, etc. - and found the little tree. I didn't know what it was, but liked it a lot, so I decided to keep it. Now it is 20+ feet tall and makes a lovely back drop for our front porch.


This picture is the American Flag we have hanging from our deck. I was in the driveway just snapping pictures of the house and took this pic of the flag through the branches of the wild cherry tree. It is one of my favorite pictures.

No comments: